photo 93a8f961-441a-4b6d-b7a1-c12c0305bea3.jpg

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Burlap alphas

week7


Hey everyone! My Week 7 is finished, I made 3 pages for this week. I used a new page protector layout, Becky Higgins Design G for page 1 and 2 which are the 8.5 x 11 size pages. When I was shooting photos for my blog I got a few of Ollie! She was helping me out on set ;) To reduce glare from the page protectors, I have been taking the photos and cards out and setting them on the floor. I read this blog that said to use white poster board as a background when taking photos for your blog. So I tried that this week.

 photo ollie.jpg
Other than my pages this week... I am very excited because I ordered the Big Shot from Sizzix! I have been eyeing it for over a year now and am super excited! I went to a friend's house to stamp Christmas cards and she had one and I was amazed at its embossing abilities! Now that I realize it can also cut, I had to have it! This will be so much fun and will probably get me on a card-making and stamping kick...grreatt!



Also, I joined a 2nd monthly kit club from a company called Freckled Fawn. Their kit is called OH DEER ME, (isn't that cute!). Their kits are solely embellishments, which is what I need most of the time. I haven't received the February kit yet even though I joined almost 2 weeks ago but tracking shows I'll get it tomorrow (which is today because it is 2:42 AM. I guess I'm still on that night shift time. I've been off for 3 days!)

ff


All of the cards on page 1 are from the Maggie Holmes core kit except the "Live Out Loud" 3x4 card. The washi tape & bow are from Studio Calico.

Front:
 photo IMG_5947.jpg

back:
 photo bb7c4f86-bd34-43ff-ae7b-2fd9a2841038.jpg

Design F 12x12:
 photo 688dca81-0a8f-43c0-9164-73e751ab798b.jpg

So that is all! I've been busy learning new techniques for both my blog and project life and started using GIMP (a free software almost like photoshop). My freeze has melted...I haven't been good. The facebook PL groups are enablers!! Once I get my big shot I should be set, I'm gonna have 2 monthly kits to use and maybe some swaps... so my spending freeze is starting again, this time I'm going to try harder! (I was good for 2 weeks which is a long time in the scrapbooking addict's world!) Until next time!

-the crafty love girl

No comments:

Post a Comment