photo 93a8f961-441a-4b6d-b7a1-c12c0305bea3.jpg

Monday, February 17, 2014

Mint & Sunflower

Week 4 is done! I was kinda putting this week off because I have hardly any photos...and it seems like a long time ago (Jan 20-26) but I made it work and I'm proud of it! Every time I finish a spread, I think "this is my favorite!". But then I create another week and fall in love with that one, too. Project Life, I'm so happy to have found you! It feels so warm & fuzzy returning to the scrapbooking world and I feel so blessed to be a part of this community of Project Life-rs. I have been spending alot of time in multiple Project Life facebook groups and on The Pocket Source soaking up so much inspiration and creative ideas! Everyone is so friendly and positive!

A few awesome things 
about the PL online community:
1) Swaps. There is a whole fb group dedicated to this! You can find others who are looking for what you've got and swap for things you'd like. I swapped a 1/3 of my Maggie Holmes kit this week and can't wait to get my swap in the mail soon. I like the idea of swapping because I am budgeting my crafty spending, but you can also shop, too. Click below to visit! These are closed groups so you will have to ask to join!

3
2

2) Participate in an RAK. Random act of kindness. You send a random person goodies & you're on the list for someone to send some to you! I think this is great way to recycle/share things that you may not particularly like from a kit that you may have received and also to be nice and make someone's day! Alot of people are making their own 4x6 and 3x4's. I think that is great because they are truly unique! I got on a RAK list through the facebook group Project Lifers.



3) Learn! I have found a really cool website called The Pocket Source. It is a social network for pocket style scrapbooking. When you join, you will have a page that shows your activity feed, photos, & comment wall. The gallery allows you to share photos of your scrapbook pages and also to see & comment on other beautiful pages from pocket style scrapbookers from around the world! There are forums where you can submit questions and also a blog which will have product reviews! I think it's a pretty website, too. Check out The Pocket Source below!

thepocketsource_headercopy3



Here are my week 4 pages! 
I used most of the embellishments from the Studio Calico February Sugar Rush kit (which is super duper cute!) and my cards were mostly from the Becky Higgins Maggie Holmes core kit with a few SC and WRMK cards thrown in there.
 photo IMG_5912.jpg

 photo IMG_5914.jpg

 photo IMG_5915.jpg

Is anyone else eyeing the Ikea Raskog cart? Thanks to the many who are sharing how they use it to organize their PL supplies!
1

BTW, I have a 1/3 of the Maggie Holmes kit if anyone would like to swap! Just leave a comment below!

Have a wonderful week yall!
- the crafty love girl

No comments:

Post a Comment