photo 93a8f961-441a-4b6d-b7a1-c12c0305bea3.jpg

Saturday, February 15, 2014

How and Why

I want to share how I prepare photos for my Project Life pages. There are many ways/techniques/resources that many of us Project Life-rs do to get things done, but I thought maybe I could offer some insight to others who may be like myself (new to Project Life and have been out of the scrapbooking world for about 8 years) but mostly to create an opportunity for others to share tips and ideas. I kinda feel like I'm still doing things a little old school, and that's OK because one of the beautiful things about PL is that there isn't a right way or wrong way!

Here are a few reasons why I PL the way I do:
1) There is a ton of info out there on which apps to use to create 3x4 photos and text on photos, etc. However, I don't have an iPhone or android phone. I have a Windows based phone. I love it, but the selection of apps aren't great. There isn't a real instagram app, I just discovered the instagram beta app recently. There isn't a Collect or Picframe. (Actually there are a few fake picframe apps but I can't get them to work.) So what I've been doing is printing my photos at CVS photo and creating a 4 x 6 collage with 2 photos. They are 2.5 x 3, but I kind of like how the 3 x 4 cards create a nice frame for the photos. If you have a windows based phone/tablet and know of some apps that allow you to make a 4 x 6 with two 3 x 4 photos in it...please share! I would love you forever!

 photo 5211bbdd-a0bf-4d32-adc8-ddb3f4632d82.jpg

 photo b4aed316-ebfb-434c-b4a5-3cfc9d59d16a.jpg

2) I don't have a photo printer because I haven't found a need for one...Yet! Maybe after a few months of PL I will :). I don't feel the need to print at home because I "batch" my photos together for a few weeks so I can order them at CVS/Walgreens and get a good deal! I got 50 - 4 x 6 photos, and 6 - 4 x 6 collage prints (which equals 12 - 2.5 x 3 photos once they are cut) for $6.86! So that's around 11 cents before tax! I haven't tried the online photo printing websites because I'd rather pick them up same day!

 photo 47215953-24e0-4543-9051-b11eee09abf9.jpg

3) Batching photos means I don't do PL on a weekly basis. That is probably why I am on Week 5, not on Week 7. I'm getting caught up! I promise!
 photo 1dd843cd-1502-4075-8048-4265c1d852d1.jpg

So, if you have any ideas or think I could do something differently or more efficiently let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by and seeing how I get my photos ready for PL!

- the crafty love girl

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment